Retrieve all HDB address

Hi,

I want to get all HDB building address.

I managed to use search api for known address, but what should I replace “revenue” with if I do not know the address?

https://developers.onemap.sg/commonapi/search?searchVal=revenue&returnGeom=Y&getAddrDetails=Y&pageNum=1

Hi,

You can try to use known postal codes to find these addresses too.

Regards,
Kai

1 Like

Thank you!

Your reply gave me the idea of looping postal codes.

1 Like

Technically, you could do that. However, you most likely benefit more from the work done to our search engine.(Increased relevancy)

I am sorry I don’t understand what you mean.

Hi Marcus,

By using the search service, you will benefit from the search logic we have implemented to present the data. :slight_smile:

I am trying to get the block and road name for all singapore HDB block as part of my own mini project.

At first I used the common api search, but I can’t use that to search for something unknown to me.

Your reply gave me the idea of using postal code. So I looped postal code from 010000 to 829999 which should contain every address in singapore.

Using this method poses another issue, the returned result do not tell me if the building is a HDB…

Is there any better method out there to get all HDB blocks? I am referring to public housing.

Thank you.

Hi Marcus,

Currently, I have submitted your use-case to my colleague and they will evaluate your data request accordingly.

Regards,
Kai

There are several methods you can try retrieving “all” HDB addresses.

Retrieving all won’t be possible because as what you said we won’t have the exact block numbers and street names for each block.

However it is still possible for you to retrieve most addresses…

A. Get the blocks and streets of all flats from HDB resales transactions. And pump them as inputs to the search query.

B. Write a spider and crawl into those property websites, agaIn pump them as inputs to the search query.

If they couldn’t release the data to you, above are some suggestions you can attempt…

1 Like

Hello Alvin,

These are nice suggestions for our community looking to retrieve data points for their mini projects. :smiley:

Regards,
Kai

Hi,

Thank you, hope to hear you soon!

Best regards

Hopefully…Still checking for you :slight_smile:

Hi kaicong,

is there any update regarding this matter?

Thank you.
Best regards

1 Like

Hey Marcus,

Today is a busy day! :smiley:

I have contacted the person in charge. She will be replying in this forum in 1~2 days time!

Regards,
Kai

Hi Marcus,

We would like to discuss more about your concern. Can you please contact the officer-in-charge at 6478 3622.

Thank you and hope to hear for you.